Each year in the spring, National Work Zone Awareness Week (NWZAW) is held to bring national attention to motorist and worker safety and mobility issues in work zones. Since 1999, FHWA has worked with the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) to coordinate and sponsor the event. Over the years, other transportation partners have joined the effort to support NWZAW. In addition to a National event conducted each year, many States host their own NWZAW events.
Print this poster and hang it up in your workplace as a reminder to people to drive safely in work zones.
Posters, Flyers, Fact Sheets, etc.
- ATSSA 2017 NWZAW page
- FHWA Flyer (HTML, PDF 854KB)
- FHWA Factsheet (HTML, PDF 149KB)
- FHWA Work Zone Resources (HTML, PDF 707KB)
- Maryland State Highway Administration Web Site
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse 2017 NWZAW page
- 2017 NWZAW Poster (JPEG, 760KB)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- AASHTO’s National Work Zone Awareness Video