Each year, ACOG requests project proposals under its CLEAN AIR Grants for Public Sector Fleets. The current solicitation makes available approximately $584,000 in Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) funds for projects that demonstrate reductions in tailpipe emissions and air pollutants by replacing older gasoline and diesel vehicles with new, clean fuel and advanced vehicle technologies—specifically alternative fuel vehicles and hybrid vehicles—and alternative fuel vehicle refueling and recharging infrastructure.
Eligibility is limited to the following sponsors:
- Oklahoma City Area Regional Transportation Study (OCARTS) local government member entities and public transit fleets
- Public trusts and public authorities that provide essential services to OCARTS member entities
- Public colleges, universities, and Oklahoma CareerTech System technology centers lying principally within OCARTS boundaries
- Public school districts lying principally within OCARTS boundaries
- Private sector entities that contract services, such as refuse hauling or public school transportation, to eligible OCARTS-area public entities
Applications may be submitted between Tuesday, July 1st and 4PM CST Friday, August 29th, 2014. Only online applications will be accepted. The full grant manual and required documentation to be uploaded with an application are available here.