United Way Workplace Campaign Underway at ACOG
The Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG) kicked off its annual United Way Workplace Campaign on Monday with a pancake breakfast and presentation from Upward Transitions, a partner agency. This year’s workplace campaign goal, not including individual employee donations, is $750.
Vella Fogarty, Administrative Assistant in ACOG’s 9-1-1 & Public Safety Division, is the 2018 Workplace Campaign Coordinator for ACOG. She, along with a team that includes David Heald, IT Manager; Charlotte Adcock, Associate Planner – Multimodal; Stuart Campbell, Associate Planner, have organized a fun series of events designed to help meet the agency’s fund raising goal. In addition to the pancake breakfast and presentation from Upward Transitions, activities have included:
- White Elephant Auction
- Penny Wars
- Partner Agency Tour (Latino Community Development Agency)
- Email Trivia
- Glow Bowling
- Chair Races
- Balloon Pop
- Jell-O Eating Contest
Winners of various activities and contests have received prizes from the following sponsors:
- Homeland Grocery Store, 1108 NW 18th and Classen ($50 Gift Card)
- Darrell Guttery, DDS, Masterpiece Smiles (Oral-B Genius Patient Starter Pack valued at $100)
- EMBARK (Spokies 2-Day Passes, Seven valued at $9 each)
- AT&T (Bags and Frisbees)
- GEO-COMM (Coffee Mugs, Pens, Lip Balms and Magnetic Clips)
- IHOP #1917 (Two Entrees with Beverage valued at $25 each)
- The Catch (Two $10 Gift Cards)
- Schelgel’s Bicycles (Two $20 Gift Cards)
- EMBARK (7-Day Bus Passes, Five valued at $14 each)
- CART (Unlimited Monthly Pass)
- Barbara Hurdman (Two $25 Gift Cards)
- DD Audio (Headphones valued at $99)
- Billy Sim BBQ, 2224 NW 23rd Street, OKC (Thre BBQ Sauces valued at $40)
- EMBARK (Oklahoma River Cruise Passes, Seven valued at $12 each)
Tomorrow marks the final day of the campaign, and ACOG staff members will celebrate with their final fundraiser, a chili cook-off!
Thank You, ACOG Team!
Many thanks to Vella and her team, and United Way of Central Oklahoma for all they do to help our friends, family and neighbors!
Learn more about United Way when you read this fact sheet.
2018 Workplace Giving Campaign Coordinator