CLEAN CITIES COALITION & ACOG WIN BIG AT KEEP OKLAHOMA BEAUTIFUL ENVIRONMENTAL EXCELLENCE CELEBRATION
ACOG & Eric Pollard, ACOG Air Quality & Clean Cities Coordinator, was recently recognized as the Winner of the Non-Profits Serving Populations Greater than 40,001 by Keep Oklahoma Beautiful at their virtual 30th Annual Statewide Environmental Excellence Celebration.
ACOG and Eric were awarded based on the projects that improve the environment and add to the qualify of life in Central Oklahoma, which include:
- Special recognition by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for support and development of the state’s EV charging station network
- The Central Oklahoma Clean Cities Coalition has the most complete alternative fuel corridor networks for compressed natural gas (CNG) stations and electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
- In 2019, the Central Oklahoma Clean Cities Coalition celebrated the greatest percentage improvement in idle reduction fuel savings by a DOE designated Clean Cities coalition
- The OKC metro area continuing be one of the largest regions in the nation meeting federal air quality standards
- Finally, over the last year, Central Oklahoma Clean Cities Coalition has worked to ensure our stakeholders were well positioned to take advantage of funding opportunities and incentives like the VW settlement grants, modified state tax credits and ACOG Public Fleet Conversion Grants