CAPTURE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA THROUGH YOUR LENS
Local Photography Contest Aims to Showcase Central Oklahoma Landscapes, Landmarks and Community Spirit
The Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG), a sub-state governmental agency, representing 40 local governments in Central Oklahoma, is hoping to get citizens out of their houses this summer and clicking away.
Clicking their cameras away, that is. ACOG is excited to announce their Central Oklahoma: Through My Lens photo contest, which is open from July 10, 2023 – September 6, 2023. “ACOG has been serving the local governments of Central Oklahoma since 1966, with regional planning, 911 system services and grant services,” Mark W. Sweeney, ACOG Executive Director said. “When we were created by the state, part of our mission was to improve the health, safety, and quality of life for Central Oklahoma. We’re proud of the region we serve in Oklahoma, and we hope that the Photo Contest gets people out and about in our region and gives them pride in their hometown.”
Here’s how a resident of ACOG Board of Directors member governments can participate in Central Oklahoma: Through My Lens:
- Visit the photo contest website here
- Follow the simple instructions to submit photographs
- A contest entrant can submit three entries per person, one entry per category
- ACOG Board of Directors member governments: Bethany, Calumet, Canadian County, Cedar Valley, Choctaw, Cleveland County, Crescent, Del City, Edmond, El Reno, Forest Park, Geary, Goldsby, Guthrie, Harrah, Jones City, Lake Aluma, Langston City, Lexington, Logan County, Luther, Meridian, Midwest City, Moore, Mustang, Nichols Hills, Nicoma Park, Noble, Norman, Okarche, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Piedmont, Slaughterville, Spencer, The Village, Tuttle, Union City, Warr Acres, Yukon
Photos taken must fall into one of three categories:
- Community Events
A small committee of ACOG staff members and community leaders will judge the entries. Contest winners will be announced on September 29. Prizes include:
- First Place: $150 Visa or Mastercard gift card, photo hung in ACOG office, and recognized on ACOG social media channels
- Second Place: $100 Visa or Mastercard gift card, photo hung in ACOG office, and recognized on ACOG social media channels
- Third Place: $50 Visa or Mastercard gift card, photo hung in ACOG office, and recognized on ACOG social media channels
ACOG will also be awarding honorable mentions and special category recognition, including “Best Landscape,” “Best Community Event,” and “Best Landmark.”
The submission deadline for the Central Oklahoma Photo Contest is Wednesday, September 6 at 5:00 p.m.
For further details, guidelines, and to submit your entries, please visit the photo contest web site.
Public Information Director