For the second year in a row, downtown Oklahoma City’s bike share program, Spokies, will offer free membership throughout the month of April in celebration of Earth Day. New users can register via the Spokies website and use the promo code “EARTH2014” to enjoy a free membership through April 30th.
Every day of the week from 6AM to 2AM, users can visit any one of the 7 Spokies automated kiosks located throughout Midtown and downtown Oklahoma City and check out a bicycle. Because the membership allows for free 30 minute rides, you can either (1) check the bike back into a Spokies kiosk within the 30 minute timeframe or (2) continue riding the bike at a cost of just $2 every additional 30 minutes. If a bike is not returned within 48 hours the user is charged $500.
Each kiosk is located in or near a major activity center:
- Deep Deuce: NW 2nd Street and Walnut Avenue
- The Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark: Mickey Mantle Drive and Reno Avenue
- Midtown Plaza Court: North Walker Avenue between NW 10th & 11th
- The Oklahoma City National Memorial: NW 4th Street and North Harvey Avenue
- The Ronald J. Norrick Downtown Library: Park Avenue and North Hudson Avenue
- Chesapeake Energy Arena / Cox Convention Center / Myriad Botanical Gardens: West Reno Avenue and South Robinson Avenue
- Automobile Alley: North Broadway Street and NW 9th Street
When April ends, users have the option of purchasing memberships at three tiers: one day for $5, one month for $20 or one year for $75.