APCO Fire Service CommunicationsRaise the Bar
DATE: March 23-25, 2016 | 8: 30 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Lysa Baker, ENP, RPL and Ben Curry, RPL
COST: ACOG Members FREE; Non-Members $100
APCO Institute’s Fire Service Communications course raises the bar for in-service fire communications training! This dynamic course covers the terms, techniques and protocols required for excellence in fire service call taking and dispatch. This course is recommended for Communications Center employees dispatching fire service personnel and units.
Training Modules Include
- Overview for firefighting and the fire service
- Fire service apparatus, equipment and terminology
- Fire service communications systems
- Fire service call processing
- Handling fire service incidents
- The National Incident Management System and Incident Command System (In-depth training meeting IS-100 and IS-700 training requirements)
- Understanding and handling HAZMAT incidents
- Understanding and handling terrorism incidents
Public Safety Telecommunicator I or 40 hours of formalized basic training from respective agency. Please include the certificate from the PST1 course OR a letter, from the supervisor, stating the registrant has received 40 hours of training. The letter needs to be on agency letterhead.
Sign Up Now!March 11, 2016
Use this form to sign up for the APCO Fire Service Communications
Thank you for your interest in 9-1-1 ACOG training opportunities. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lysa Baker, (405) 234-2264 or lbaker[at]acogok[dot]org.